PAC Youth Philanthropy or PAC-YP began in January of 2023. This group is one of sixteen youth philanthropy groups in the state of Iowa. With fifteen members actively learning about community philanthropy projects and needs they are also developing marketing strategies, grant development and how to effectively fund raise in their community.
IN THE NEWS
MARCH MEETING Pictured above are members of the PAC-YP with the members of the Pocahontas Area Chamber of Commerce. The chamber members spoke to the group about their Halloween Haunted House projects and ways to market to the community.
APRIL MEETING The PAC-YP group began working on grant application development and fund-raising ideas. PAC-YP will be raising funds to support local community projects and PAC-YP group projects that align with their mission.
POCAHONTAS COUNTY FOUNDATION SUPPORTS PAC-YP
In 2022 the Pocahontas County Foundation Board voted to help start the PAC-YP program. To get the youth philanthropy program up and going, the Foundation set-up a fund of $5,000 for the group to offer grants to local non-profits and organizations. Since January of 2023 the group has been meeting monthly to prepare for grant funding in the fall of 2023.
In April of 2023 the Pocahontas County Foundation voted to contribute another $5,000 to support their fund-raising efforts.
October 8th, 4pm - Monthly Meeting
October 11th - Community Meeting, 6:30 pm at the Pocahontas County Conservation
November 12th, 4pm - Monthly Meeting
December 3rd, 4pm - Monthly Meeting
February 7th - Annual Grant Award Presentations held at the Rialto, 6:30 p.m.
ANNUAL GRANT INFORMATION
The Pocahontas Youth Philanthropy will provide grants to improve life in Pocahontas County, Iowa. In 2024 we will award up to five local project requests, if your project falls under one of the program-based areas of giving and you meet the criteria listed below, you may apply. Application Deadline: November 29, 2023.
• Pocahontas Youth Philanthropy makes grants to support creative and innovative programs that will enhance the quality of life in our community. High priority will be given to project requests that will have a positive impact on the youth in our community.
• Pocahontas Youth Philanthropy will award up to $5,000 for local projects.
• The applying organization must be located and/or serve in Pocahontas County.
• The applicant must be a non-profit charitable organization that is tax exempt under IRS regulation. Grantees may ask a 501c3 entity or 170c1 governmental agency to be their fiscal sponsor. That number must be supplied on the application form. No grants will be made that jeopardize the tax exempt status of the Pocahontas County Foundation or the fiscal sponsor.
• Grants are not made in support of annual operating budgets, routine maintenance or repair, or for projects that are considered to be meeting the daily needs of operation.
• Requests will generally be denied for current budget support, salaries, labor, food, mileage, clothing, uniforms, elimination of deficits, the reduction of debt or funding of completed projects.
• Low priority will be given to programs or projects sponsored by religious institutions and which have a narrowly sectarian purpose. However, programs so sponsored will be considered if they have an ecumenical base or are designed to serve persons in need without regard to their religious affiliation.
• Grant request may not be altered after it has been submitted.
If you would like to support the PAC-YP with a monetary donation, you may do so online via this link or mail check to Pocahontas County Foundation (PAC-YP in them memo), PO Box 86, Pocahontas, IA
The PAC-YP will be granting funds to local charities and organizations as well as develop programs in the community that align with their mission. All donations are tax-deductible.
A youth group from PACSD that will provide grant-funding that supports community youth-driven projects and activities in the focus areas of Education, Health & Well-Being, and Recreation.